Brace for impact

The war is coming. I can sense the shaking earth beneath my feet. The screams, the sound of drums, and the silent nights. Everything is telling me that this war will be an epic one. I don’t have any soldiers to command nor do I take orders from anyone. The only thing I do is watch my adversaries from places they can’t imagine, always hovering over them, getting a dragon's view, appearing and disappearing when they blink their eyes. They don’t know I’m right there besides them hearing everything, watching every little move, always one step ahead, anticipating to unleash the fire they have never seen. They think they can fight the fire with cold, but they are wrong, and they don’t see it, and they believe they can shield against the fire with ice.

When they sleep, I enter their dreams to give them the night to remember, to see them burn alive, unable to scream, only fire and fire. There is nowhere to escape, because I’m everywhere, in everything you see, always haunting, spitting fire. The only thing they can do is to close their eyes, and brace for impact. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep