Ashes

This is the fourth floor, and I have to climb two more floors to get to my room. What led to this is because of my faulty elevator, but it’s not unusual. Our elevator is just like that, never works when needed the most. Now, I’m on the fifth floor, and there is one more to go. Then, I saw someone walking down the stairs, and she was smiling at me. Why is she doing that? I just kept myself on my path and climbed forward. But, she looked familiar, and I kept thinking who is that person? Suddenly, out of the blue, my brain fired up and connected the dots. Now, I know who she is. I kept thinking about the smile for any deviousness which she always had. Why was she here? Why is she in my building? Tons of questions overwhelmed me. Riding on these thoughts, I reached my doorstep, and there I saw a letter with her name on it. 


At first, I thought about tearing it off into a million pieces, but I didn’t. I took it inside, got my lighter and went to the balcony. There, I started the holy process of burning it. After it fully burned, I took the ashes and threw it away. As the ashes were flying through the wind, I smiled, the real one.


I kept looking, the bits of ashes dissipate into nothing. What if some of the ashes remained intact? Where would it fall? Probably, on her head as she leaves the building. But, I don’t want to find out. Now, it’s between the ashes and her, and I don’t want a part in it. Those ashes have a story to tell, and if she finds those, they will let her know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep