The rain


I opened my eyes. It’s 8:00 in the morning. Half an hour went past, and I’m still in bed looking through the window. I can see that it’s raining outside. The comfort of the bed and sound of the rain, seemed like glued me into the bed. Rain drops trickling down one by one,  racing downwards in some kind of hurry. With nothing in mind, just fully conscious of my surroundings. 
Looking at the far away greenery, listening to the sound of rain droplets, cocooned in my bed sheet. It’s not like there is nothing to think about, there is plenty. The environment is so good that it’s impossible to even try to think of something.

Enjoying the moment, feeling the calmness, I just think that this lasts forever. Without life’s problems and complexities, just me watching the rain. It’s not heavy downpour, just a kind of shower without nature’s ferocities like thunder and lightning. I could hear a voice behind me interrupting my trance with nature, it could be the tea. I felt like it was sent from the heavens. I picked up the tea, and stood close to the window. Taking sip by sip, I just focused on the details, the birds have taken shelter in some of the trees. Some kind of jealousy got into me seeing them. They are enjoying the rain fully without any planning for the day, half wet. I wish I was one among them, in the trees seeing the rain much closer with wider perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep