Friends in the sky

Stars, they are everywhere, some blinking at me. I feel like someone is sending me a signal from some place far away. What might be they trying to tell me? At this thought, I could see the moon smiling at  me. I wish I could do something in return. But, all I could do is blink the torch lights, and as a return to the smile, flash my teeth. I wonder how far away they are. From somewhere, I could hear some footsteps approaching. What is that? I chose a place where no one could reach, then how can be this possible? With closing footsteps, a thousand thoughts overwhelmed me. What’s the best course of action? I could run and take cover, but I chose an open spot. What if I’m surrounded? Wait, these are not human steps, they are not like this. This could be the monsters..

The situation asks me to be panic. But, I’m not. I just took my backpack and moved forward. Suddenly, the footsteps are gone. I can’t hear them. What, they gave up? I don’t know. I just went ahead with my journey. 


After a long walk, I ended up at an edge of a cliff. It was dark everywhere. I just looked to the sky, there I saw them again. They walked with me all along. I knew they were not going to leave me. At the same time,  the monsters are lurking behind me waiting for the right moment. But, I’m not the one to be afraid. I walked from that open spot to here at this edge of the cliff. I wonder who should be afraid, myself or them? Till this moment, I’m not afraid, and why are they waiting for the right moment? 

Sitting at the edge of the cliff, I again looked at the sky. They cheer me up. What should I do? Worry about those hidden dangers or enjoy this moment with my friends in the sky? I chose the latter. I don’t know how many are they or what kind are they. I just sit here waiting for them to show up. It’s their choice whether to face me or not. But, I will be right here waiting, and at the mean time I just want to enjoy this moment, looking at the stars and smiling at the moon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep