Survivor

Flying. That’s what got me here. Looking back, I don’t regret the decisions I made in my life. When I was a child I often looked at the birds with curiosity, I wanted to be one among them, flying in pairs and sometimes solo. My father always encouraged me to dream big and this is the one dream I chased. To fly. This dream sprouted in me at a tender age and that could be the reason why I couldn’t shake it off that easily. As I grew, my dreams grew with me. At first, I thought, if I could grew wings, then I could fly. So, I dreamt. With wings, I went to places that are far away, cruising through the clouds, touching the sea and then taking off. As company, I had pigeons, eagles and other birds, and they took me places where no humans could ever reach. But, the reality struck me when I fell from my terrace, and escaped with a minor fracture. Normally, as a child, I will be devastated and even drop the idea of flying. But, I was something special. I kept this idea of flying dormant with in me and as my age progressed, I found out the terrible fact that the humans can’t grow wings. This time it was heart breaking. 

Years gone by and I almost dropped my idea of flying. But, God had some plans for me. One day, I heard something about Planes and how humans can fly them. Suddenly, my world lit up.


Years passed, and the time came when my dreams came to fruition. I flew, just like how I dreamt except the part of flying with the birds, but I flew faster than the speed of sound. I dived, cruised and did everything I can do as a human pilot. I was cruising in both life and sky, when something disastrous happened. My plane went down and I lost all my communication to the outside world, I couldn’t recover any communication device as I was given only the choice of witnessing my burned plane. Yeah, flying, that’s what got me here and as I said I don’t regret the decisions I made in my life.


Right now, I’m enjoying more of a primitive way of life, surviving every day, fighting for my life, scavenging food, finding good source of water. Maybe I’m going to be stuck in here forever, but that thought doesn’t stop me from enjoying my life with nature. Someday, when someone finds me, I could get myself back on the cockpit and that’s a mere possibility. 


One thing I understood from this life of mine is that we can find opportunities to grow in every situation, you just have to look deeper. There is opportunity everywhere and we can see them once we accept our limitations. 


This land made me a survivor and I fear nothing. Here, the trees and animals knows me and we respect our boundaries. Sometimes I look at the sky for any passing planes, but I’m not desperate and I know if it’s written in my destiny to leave here unharmed, then I will and no forces can stop me from doing that. In the meantime, I’m looking for new adventures, and I’m sharpening my weapons for the next kill(just for survival). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep