Fire and Ice

I used to like the warmth of fire, I liked sunsets more than sunrise, the warmth they give in without hurting us, keeping us wanting more till it disappears down the horizon. I liked both half an hour before sunrise and sunsets, such a majestic view, such pleasantness to our eyes. Back when I was a kid, they used to give my hair a golden color, and I liked it so much. You feel what true warmth is when you walk into a temple surrounded by oil lamps, fully lit, it's amazing to be in that moment. But now I don't know if things have changed to me. Did someone blow my fire away, now everything feels so cold. Is there light still left in me, maybe no one noticed me at the end of the tunnel, and I froze. Would fire accept me anymore or burn me instead of the warmth it gave. Do I have to stay in the shadows from now on? Is there a return? Who did this to me? One day I will walk straight into the fire, cause I'm fire now frozen to ice. That day I will breathe again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep