The lock

The door is locked from inside, and the only person who can unlock it is me. I have been trying to pull it open for a long time, but I never succeeded, for I was pulling it without turning the lock off. Instead, I waited inside my room for someone to bang it open, but no one came. No one knocked on the door, and I never noticed that it is only me who can help me. I was beating and crying at the door, still no one came. All I have to do is unlock it, but it’s too hard for me. What if someone at the other side could talk some sense into me, and it’s just a wish. I expect some help, and the only thing that could set me free feels like the scariest. No one is missing me, if they had been why didn’t they come looking for me? Why did they ignore my call for help? Maybe my existence never mattered to them. I can’t blame them, for they don’t know me. Everyone seems to be busy with their own life, another reason they couldn’t see me. I’m in an open cage, where there are no bars, and the key is right in front of me, still I couldn’t help myself. I was born and raised in a cage, without knowing freedom. Like an elephant in chains. If you challenge that animal enough, you know how it will react and what the consequences will be. Those chains will be no match for that animal. So, I’m just like that elephant, accepting all the tortures they are throwing at me, doing what they say, chained. Someday, I’m going to show my wild side, and it won’t be pretty. Then I will walk back to the jungle, where I can be free, healing the wounds the chains have caused me, bathing in the mud, hanging out with the herd. And from that day onwards, I will be the wild elephant, unable to be tamed. If our paths cross again, they will know how my kick feels like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep