A valuable lesson

The day when they stabbed from behind, betraying the trust I had over them, I still remember. On that day, they took something from me, something valuable, after sedating me. Those days, I spent in the dark, all alone, shivering, finding comfort in the pillows, I see them when I close my eyes. I don’t know whether, will I ever be whole again after what they have done to me. Yes, I still remember. The moment when that needle pierced through me, the tears I had in my eyes, the energy draining from my body, everything is crystal clear to me, even now. Nobody looked for me when I was out in the dark, all alone, unable to think clearly, fully drugged. They took everything away from me, and burned me alive, and still I survived. It’s not the wound that bothers me, and what hurts is the betrayal, the kind of betrayal which is far worse that no words are enough to describe it. Yet, I still live among them, and I stopped looking for a way out, for there is none. Now, what’s going to happen? Nothing worse is going to happen beyond what happened to me, and that taught me a valuable lesson, to not have any attachments, even to...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep