Magical paws

An envelope was on the table, making delicate movements with the wind, hoping that someone will pick up. It was the call letter for my first job interview. Within that envelope, there was hope, earned with lots of effort and courage.

It was a sunny day, the sun at its best. Everything in the nature aligned itself to give me the perfect start to the day. The birds singing their melodies, the sun giving out its rays through the foliage, and the clear blue sky, and everything seemed perfect.


Remembering the almighty, I took the envelope and prayed for this day to become one of the best in my life. With nature showing the green signal, it was all positive vibes around me, and my confidence was soaring high.Everything seemed like a fairy tale until I stepped into the main road. The road was busy than I usually see in normal days. Vehicles seemed to move in ultra slow motion, lining up like ants. I stood in my bus, without knowing what to do, and helplessness was all over my face. It was past twenty minutes from the reporting time, when I reached the destination.


The place was stunning. It had all the facilities, any job aspirant could ever dream of, and it was more nature friendly. There was a huge park surrounding the building, and seeing everything I missed, I took a long breath, and sat in the wooden bench beside me.


Sitting there, I thought about all the memories of my life, both happy and sad for about an hour. But for me, it seemed like only five minutes of memory dwelling. As I was about to leave, I heard a sound from behind me. It was not human.


A little kitten was  playing with one of his siblings. A sense of calmness rushed to my body, and I sat back in the wooden bench and watched them curiously. As the cuteness reached the threshold, I pointed my index finger to one of the kitten playfully, and in return he touched my finger with his little paw, then biting my finger without inflicting any kind of pain. It was magical. All my disappointment for not being able to attend the interview melted away in that moment. After sometime, they got tired and both of them slept in my lap. I watched them sleep, hugging each other, and sometimes crossing their eyes with their little paws. 


It was four in the evening, and still I was there cradling the little kittens. Suddenly from somewhere, I heard their mother calling for them. I took them out of my lap and placed in the ground. Hearing their mothers sound, they got active quickly and left.


After an hour, I was back in my home, smiling. I took the envelope and placed it on the table, saying thank you. As I prayed in the morning, this day became one of the best in my life, the one I will cherish forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep