Message to my old self

I’m not jealous of you, the way you used to smile, the way you used to talk, and I can’t believe that you were me. If anyone asks me to go back to my old version, the answer is NO. That time, I was a lost kid, always following the crowd, my happiness was always at the mercy of others, and I had no time for myself. But now, I’m at peace. When I lie down, I feel like I’m being pampered, my worries gone, and instead of the temporary states like happiness or sadness, I feel peace. I think it’s better to be in this state than the former ones. Years ago, my heart used to break when something happens to my Internet connection or during the power cuts, but now, things are different. I have no regrets for spending the day doing nothing, and the truth is that it’s the most productive thing to do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep