The lake

The sky, it’s cloudy, and the sun was nowhere to be seen. I looked around, and the street was empty. Then, something magical happened. There was a portal in front of me, and it was calling me. I looked behind me, and it was still empty. I asked myself why I’m not seeing anyone? The only thing I could hear was the voice from the portal. I took a step toward the portal, and when I was just about to enter it, I stopped for a moment, but there was nothing except silence. So, I put my foot inside, and once I was inside, I looked behind, and that’s when I saw the street buzzing with the people. I couldn’t make sense of it. Why couldn’t I see anyone when I was in the street, and why am I seeing them now?

Maybe they were blocking me from seeing them. What could be the reason? I’m sure there will be a strong reason. Why can’t they talk to me about it? Maybe someday they will talk about it, when they realise they were wrong. But, I can’t wait until then. Right now, all I need to do is to tell the portal that it’s time. Maybe it will take me to some place far away, where there is no misunderstanding, and there is peace. They saw me walking to it, and they chose to remain silent.

I closed my eyes, and told the portal “let’s go”. The portal took me to a lake in the woods, and there was a cabin nearby. I walked to the lake, and sat near it, letting the portal disappear. And this time, there was a clear sky, and the sun was shining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep