Unidirectional traveller

Waking up with heavy eyes, I saw a blade of grass with dew on it. For a minute, I kept looking, without any kind of distractions, and slowly my brain started firing up. A multitude of questions barged into my mind and the answers to those questions were eluding me like a rat evading the predator.  My eyes were so heavy that I felt a strong inner voice telling me to close my eyes. After mustering all my energy, I kept my eyes open and stood up to look around. 


I couldn’t make sense of where I’m. All I could see is some bunch of trees and a path leading to an unknown destination. By the looks of the path, it seemed like the path was less travelled; it was grassy and terrifying. Taking the first step was challenging, but I was given no choice. As I went through the path, which seemed never ending, I was certain that If I spin myself for one or two rounds, I wouldn’t know which direction to move forward, and most probably I will end up where I began. So, looking back was not an option for me.

As a unidirectional traveller, I moved forward, but I never felt alone as the sun gave me the company I needed. Still, I knew the reality that the sun won’t be there all the time, and soon, the night will be at my doorstep, literally. At the same time, the thought of getting somewhere before the darkness pervades gave me strength.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep