The vultures

It’s hurting. Every time I try to get back on my feet, the pain drags me down to the ground. I don't know how many times I have tried, because I lost count. The pain is excruciating, and I don’t know where I’m, lost somewhere, I have never seen before. There is no path in front of me, it’s all trees, and the darkness is fast approaching. I have only hours left to find a way or fade into nothing. Looking up, I can see the sky, and the vultures circling around. Maybe they see something in me. But, I’m not terrified, for they are the only company I have for now. What if they are protecting me from the hidden dangers. As the daylight fades, they will get to their home, or they will feast on me, or they will get me some help, and I’m hoping for the last one. The odds of that happening are very low compared to the former ones. What if, this is the end. I’m hearing someone asking me to wake up, but I don’t see anyone. The voice sounds familiar, but I couldn’t pinpoint the person. There could be three reasons for this. I could be hallucinating, or I could be dreaming, or I could be in a coma. For now, these vultures are what’s keeping me sane, and I’m thankful for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Travel

Sleep